This notice explains what personal data we collect from you, how we use it, how we keep it safe and how we meet the UK and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will update any privacy changes on this page.
Last updated 23/04/2021
Who we are
Comtec Cable Accessories Ltd, part of ETC Group, is a company registered in England under company number 1349036. Our registered office is Cardinal Way, Cardinal Distribution Park, Godmanchester, Huntingdon PE29 2XJ. We are the data controller for your personal data and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, reference number Z7445135.
It is important to us that we protect your privacy and personal data. If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice you can contact us at email@example.com.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on your relationship with us and the product and/or service that we are providing to you. It may include but is not limited to, the following information;
- Identity data including title, first name, surname and job title
- Contact data including email address, company name, postal address, phone number and delivery address.
- Transaction data including your payment card details when you place an order or, if you apply for a credit account, the information necessary to make a credit check and to administer your account. We collect data about the quotes you request, the orders you place and the purchases you make. If you have an account with us, we also hold information about your balance.
- Interaction data. We collect data based on our interactions with you for example at events, our trade counter or our premises. We collect the content of messages, e-mails, letters or phone calls you send us, such as feedback you provide or questions you ask. When you contact us, phone conversations may be monitored and recorded
- Marketing data including your preferences, feedback, and interactions with our marketing emails
- Technical data including anonymised IP address, login data, browser type and technology used to access this website. We collect information about how you use our website, such as the types of content you view, the frequency and duration of your activities
- CCTV. If you visit our offices your image may be captured by our security cameras. CCTV footage is deleted regularly, unless required to investigate an alleged crime or incident. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly for example when you register, order online or complete one of our online forms at comtecdirect.co.uk, when you speak to one of our team, visit one of our offices or interact with us in any other way. We also collect website usage information through cookies and google analytics.
How do we use you personal data?
We use your personal data in several different ways depending on your relationship with us;
To enter into or fulfil a contract;
- To supply the products or services you’ve ordered
- To send you service messages by email or phone, such as order updates
- To take payment and give refunds (we don’t store payment data)
- To provide customer service and support
For our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests;
- To develop and improve the product range and services we offer
- To provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you using the email or postal address you have provided or via social media
- To ensure the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- To automatically collect data about visitors to our site by using cookies
- To keep our site, systems and premises secure
- To detect and prevent fraud
- For training purposes
- To improve our business and to operate efficiently
When you have given your consent;
- To supply the information you’ve requested
- To send you direct marketing communications via email where we rely on your consent for processing, for example if you are a prospect
Where we have a legal obligation to do so.
How we use your personal data for marketing
We may send you emails or call you regarding products and services we feel may be of interest to you. If you no longer want to hear from us you can, at any time, unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking on the link in the footer of each email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we share your personal data?
We share your personal data with trusted third parties as necessary to complete a transaction, provide our services to you or to fulfil our legal obligations;
- Companies that support our website and business systems
- Suppliers for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
- Financial service companies such as payment service providers and credit reference agencies
- Delivery companies
- Marketing companies who help us manage our digital or postal communications with you
- Data management companies to help ensure your details are up to date and accurate
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies where we are required to do so by law, for the purposes of preventing fraud and to ensure site and systems security
- With Comtec Group (International) Limited and ETC Group
- In the event of a business or asset sale.
We only provide them with the information they need to perform their specific service and they may only use your data for that exact purpose.
How long your personal data will be kept for
We will keep your personal data only for as long as we need it to maintain our relationship with you, provide you with the products, services or information you requested, to inform our research, to comply with the law and to ensure we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to.
How we protect your personal data
We are committed to keeping your personal data secure. We have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss or misuse of personal data under our control and a process in place to deal with any suspected data breach. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We may need to transfer data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is the case we will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation.
You have the right to;
- Access - you can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- Rectification - you can ask us to correct or complete personal data we hold about you
- Erasure - you can ask us to delete your personal information
- Restrict Processing - you can restrict our processing of your data
- Data portability - you can ask us to provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Object - you have the right to object to receiving direct marketing from us even if we believe we have a legitimate interest to communicate with you in this way. Where you have given consent you may withdraw this at any time.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
To exercise these rights please contact us by emailing email@example.com or, if you are based in the EU, our EU representative, IT Governance Europe Limited by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include our company name in any correspondence you send to our Representative.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data please email email@example.com or, if you are based in the EU, our EU representative firstname.lastname@example.org, remembering to include our company name, and we will investigate the matter. You may also complain to the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer or handheld device when you access a website. It allows the website to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
To find out more about cookies including how to customise your browser’s cookie settings visit https://allaboutcookies.co.uk/
Links to other websites
This site contains links to other websites. Any information you provide whilst visiting such sites are not governed by this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of any website you visit.
For questions regarding this Privacy Notice or how we use your personal data please email email@example.com or, if you are based in the EU, our EU representative firstname.lastname@example.org, remembering to include our company name.